Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finally some outdoors time




This morning was a perfect time to find ourselves at the park. Ashlyn was SO excited to go she could hardley contain herself.

We played for nearly two hours. At one point I had turned my back for just a few seconds and in that few seconds, Ashlyn managed to walk behind a bigger kid on the swing and get kicked in the face. I saw it all take place just as I was turning to find her and watched her get the kick and fall flat on her back. The screams were hysterical and thankfully she only got a little bloody nose out of the whole ordeal. Talk about panic in the moment that you know you are helpless in events like this. A little clean up and a few owie kisses later Ashlyn was back at the playground full speed ahead.


Sometimes I really miss being a resilient little kid.


1 comment:

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Aww looks like she is having fun on those swings!! :)